On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Updates and photos from Sister Tucker in Greenfield, CA!




Hello! 
 
This is Sister Tucker from the Greenfield Ward where your new missionary just arrived, in the San Jose Mission!  We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight, and I took some pictures to send you!
 
They just arrived yesterday.  There are 4 elders here.  The Spanish elders were the only pair here, and now they've been split and become trainers to the two new elders, Elder Maxwell and Elder Johnson.  The Greenfield Ward encompasses a huge area, so it's good that there are 4 elders here.  They do a lot of traveling!  It's a very good ward, and I think your son will be happy while he's here.
 
Their trainers are good missionaries.  We enjoy them.  There's lots of work here for them to do!
 
Elder Maxwell's companion is Elder Olenslager.  We call him Elder O (or Elder Ogre Slayer . . . Haha!)  He's a good guy.
 
Enjoy the pictures!
~ Shelley
 
So good to hear back from you!!  Yes, I know how much it means for moms to get pictures of their missionaries!!  Yes, I asked all the questions and Elder Maxwell told me all about his family.  It sounds like he has a great family!  He bore his testimony today in Sacrament Meeting, and he was funny!  I don't know if you've gotten a letter from him yet or not, but as you know, he is English speaking, but he got put in a Spanish area!  Haha!  So in his testimony he was saying, "I don't really know why I'm here, since 99% of the people are Spanish speaking, but there must be that one person out there who I am meant for!"  All the missionaries we joking about how they've been in these teaching appointments and they've all been Spanish.  Although Friday night I think they were going to teach someone who spoke English.  Haha!  So maybe he'll learn Spanish after all!!
 
Yes, my oldest son served a mission in India.  My second son served in New Zealand.  My third son is on his mission on the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona.  And my fourth son JUST left this past week for his mission in Botswana/Namibia Africa.  He flew to the South Africa MTC and just arrived on Wednesday.  So, like your sons, they will overlap 8 months also.  My second and third sons overlapped 8 months, too.  Then I have one daughter and another son who are both planning on going on missions.  So we missionary moms need to stick together!
 
And my daughter's name is Emma, too!  She's 14.  Elder Maxwell told us about his sisters!
 
You should be getting a letter from your missionary soon!  I think P-Day is tomorrow!
 
Talk to you later!
~ Shelley Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment