On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

San Jose is so, so, so, nice!

Well that's another week down. I am in California and San Jose is so, so, so, nice!

I'll start with the last week in the MTC, I had a lot more class and half of my district left for Roseville California on Tuesday morning. The four of us left, headed out this morning. We had an awesome devotional last night. Elder Godoy of the seventy came and told us all his conversion story. It really stuck out to me about how there is a spiritual half to conversion and a social half to conversion. Both of them are equally important. It was a really great talk. I wish everyone could have heard it.

So now onto the events of today so far, we got off the airplane this morning and were met by the AP's (assistant to the president). They took us down to the baggage claim where I got my one bag and it had a corner torn off and I'm not sure what fell out but I will find out. Then we went to downtown San Jose and did some street contacting. That was super cool. I gave out a lot of pass-along cards and my first Book of Mormon. This guy asked me if I had any reading material and I testified of the Book of Mormon and then gave it to him. It was a super cool experience.

I don't have a lot of time today because it isn't p-day but I am glad I could share a little. I got to go! Love you all and am super glad to be serving. Ill probably write again on Monday.

Love, Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment