On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, May 5, 2014

The Lord will help my hair to look good anyways, right?

Cinco de Mayo is not nearly as fun without all of you. People just don't understand what it means to go at a piñata with everything you got. I tried to get the zone to do something fun today but I don't think anyone is as excited about this holiday as I am! Although Christian sounds like he gets to celebrate a pretty legit holiday. I wish you a good time. What day does he get home? Then I'll have to stop telling people I have a brother on a mission. Just two brothers that have served. 


On to my week: 
We got our car taken this week so we are back on bikes. I am loving it, the only downside is that my styled hair always gets smashed by my helmet... But The Lord will help my hair to look good anyways, right? I was a little bit out of breath biking around the first day but now I am back to being a biking machine! 
We had a really cool experience this week with one of our investigators. We were over at his house teaching him about faith and how it helps us to know and understand everything that God has given to us. Part way through the lesson he told us about an experience that he had during the week. He told us that he was having a really hard day and he needed some fresh air so he went into his backyard to take a break from all the hustle and bustle of the world and when he got outside he looked up to the sky with a thought in his head saying, "God, why me?" Then he told us about the answer that he received. Right at that moment he said that he saw a star twinkle in the sky. He told us that he knew it was God winking at him letting him know that everything was going to be alright and that He would take care of him and help him through his challenges. I personally thought this was a little bit crazy to think that God was winking to you but the missionary side of me said to let it be because answers can come in many different ways. I learned that an answer is an answer no matter how it comes and that everyone needs to receive an answer in the way that will speak to them. It all made sense after I thought about it for a bit. I was happy for him but sad because he still didn't come to church. But all will be accomplished in the Lords time. 
We did pick up a new investigator this week. If you all remember the 1.5 hour baptism interview I had to do... We are now the ones teaching him and trying to help him get ready for baptism!  It has been another week full of blessings and amazing visits with wonderful people. 
Everyone keep on doing the amazing work that you do. I love you all and can't wait to hear all about your awesome adventures. Keep it touch! I will see most of you on Sunday!

Lots of love, 
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment