On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Make tomorrow better than today for the rest of your life.

We have transfers tomorrow and I am getting in-zone transferred again! I think I am destined to spend the rest of my mission here. At this rate I will serve in every ward in Fremont. Hopefully tomorrow I can send a quick email to let you all know where I will be serving. I didn't see it coming at all and I am sad that I have to leave the area so soon.
 
We just got three new super solid investigators and I can see them all being baptized in the next month and now I won't even be part of it! Two of them went on a Memorial Day elders quorum hike today. The ward is super excited about missionary work right now because of them, the whole ward absolutely loves us because we always have investigators at church. So much is happening right now and I am getting sent away! Aaaahhhhh! Why! But I know that God has a plan and I am needed somewhere else. I will be staying super close to Central Park though so hopefully I can be there to help whenever I am needed. It's always when things are going so good that things have to change, I don't know why that is! 
 
On another thought, I have some cool stories from this week. The first one is from yesterday. We invited one of our investigators to church but he was only able to make it to priesthood at the end of church but another guy walked into church right after sacrament meeting and we went to say hi and he said that he wanted to be at church with us so we invited him to gospel principles with us and he came right in and listened the whole time. After that, we were talking with him and trying to get to know him, because this is the first time we have ever met, and we were telling him that there was another meeting for another hour and we asked him if he would like to join us and he said yes so we took him to priesthood opening exercises and when we get in there the investigator that we invited showed up and saw the other guy that was with us and asked him what he was doing here. I found out, at that moment, that they were roommates and they didn't know that the other was going to visit the same church!  S,o now they are best friends and they both love to do anything with the church and they were asking awesome questions in priesthood and then they came to the Memorial Day breakfast that the ward put on and then they went with the ward on a hike today and we weren't even there!
 
It's so cool and they are so awesome! It is such a miracle that everything is falling into place so easily. I love it! The Lord's hand is definitely in this work. I can't imagine trying to get all of this to work out and happen so well all on my own. I am amazed! The investigators are both my best friends and they absolute are happy to do anything that we invite them to do! The church is true! I know it. 
 
Over the last transfer, I have let the atonement take me on a journey. I have changed and have become the missionary that I feel Heavenly Father would want me to be. I have felt the powerful effects of the gospel in my life and I know that I am a better person because of it! I now have such a great desire to share this same redeeming power with everyone. I know the blessings that come from it. It makes me so happy to see the change that the atonement can give to people. I love this work, I love these people so much and I love my Savior. He has given me the many chances that I need in order to become what He wants me to become. I invite all of you to do the same. Get on your knees and pour out your soul to Heavenly Father. Tell Him your wants, tell Him your needs. Then ask Him what you can do to become what He wants you to become. I can promise you, that if you do this with a desire and a willingness to change, that He will give you an answer. I love all of you and my invitation is one of change. Be perfected in Christ and walk the straight and narrow path. Do better each and every day. Make tomorrow better than today for the rest of your life. 

I love you all and I keep you in my prayers.
Elder Maxwell  

No comments:

Post a Comment