On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Yes, I love serving in this ward!

  Transfer time is here once again! I will be staying in Stanford again! I get to be here for five transfers! Yes, I love serving in this ward, I love all of the people in this Ward and I love how incredibly easy it is to really get to know someone in this Ward. I am so very grateful that they will be sending me a new companion on Tuesday. I have been missing having a real solid companion. Not that a little space here and there wasn't good but I can truly say that missionary work is supposed to be done two by two. Not three by three or one by one. Two is just the perfect number for this work. It is inspired of God and I can promise you that!
    I see that the snow is making itself very comfortable! Oddly enough I am sort of wishing that I could be there to enjoy the snow with you all but then I remember the cold and the shoveling and all the other things that come with snow and I remember why I don't miss it.
 
    I am really excited for transfers tomorrow. 13 missionaries are leaving my zone. That means that half of the zone that will get changed out! WOW! that is crazy! A whole lot of new missionaries coming in at one time. Oddly, not a single missionary that is staying in the zone is getting called as a Trainer. So unfortunately Elder Forsgren will not be joining my zone. But that means next transfer when I get transferred I can go where he is and we can be together for three transfers rather than just one! I am excited to have him in the mission. It is going to be really cool getting to see him. A familiar face again!
 
   We had a super good week. We don't have a lot of investigators right now so a lot of our work is with recent converts and returning members. But I had the opportunity this week to take the mission presidents son on a mini mission in my area for a couple of days. He leaves for his mission in two weeks. He is going to Argentina so he was really grateful that he could come and do a "trial" mission before he headed out. We had a really good time and did a lot of really good work while he was here. I am always nervous for things like that because with missionary work sometimes you have days that just fall apart and everything seems to go wrong. I really don't want to have a day like that when I have a mini-missionary because that is an opportunity for them to see the joy and the fire that comes from changing lives and doing really good missionary work. So I am very grateful that everything worked out and we were able to have some really good missionary experiences.
 
    Last preparation day we had only elders in the zone because all the sisters went on a sister trip to Monterey. So we did what guys always do and we turned it into a competition. We made two different teams and we competed against each other all day long. The final real challenge was a game of gator ball against each other. (Gator ball is a combination of soccer and team handball) It was very extensive and the adrenalin levels were probably too high for a missionary activity but nobody got hurt so we are all good. I attached some pictures (oops, I think he forgot!)  of the teams and of just our team. It was a good day. Our team name was F.A.R.M. (Fully Attractive Real Men) We were what you would call professionals. We all made our own shirts too! And it all costed under $20! I was pretty impressed with myself.

     Have a great week! Stay warm! Don't let cabin fever set in! I love you all! 
    
Love, Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment