On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cool experience seeing your missionary work published

    As you have all seen by now. Deseret News put out an article about Lane and his conversation. What a cool experience for him to be able to testify of his conversion publicly like that. I can imagine he is going to get a lot of questions and comments from his close friends and family. What a great missionary opportunity for him and what a strength it is going to be for his conversion and his testimony. He has so much faith and I am so impressed with the missionary work he has already done. I have had so many people come to me and bring up to me how I was mentioned in a news article. At first I had no idea what anyone was talking about. Very quickly I learned that the article was about Lane and I had an opportunity to read it. What a cool experience seeing your missionary work published in the paper. That doesn't happen everyday. 
 
 
    The work here in the Stanford ward has slowed. We have baptized all of our investigators and now we only have one investigator and a whole lot of recent converts. I am so grateful that I get to work with all of the new members at this time. We had an incredible lesson with Sid this week. We spent an hour and we went deep into the Atonement and its life changing ability. We talked about what it is, why we need it, how we use it and what it does for us. It was such an amazing lesson! I am so grateful that I could sit down with him and have such an incredible discussion. It was the kind of discussion that you wouldn't have with an investigator. All of his questions were so sincere. The spirit was so strong as it testified to all of us and helped each of us learn of the importance of the Atonement. I love teaching anyone and everyone. I love how the gospel is so simple that a 5 year old can understand it but at the same time it is so complex that it can be studied for a lifetime and still not be fully understood. The gospel has so much for all of us to learn. We can all continue to learn forever and we need to continue to learn forever. No progress is backwards progress. 
 
     We had a really good lesson with Andrew yesterday. I put a lot of thought and study into what he really needs right now because we haven't been able to meet up with him since before Christmas. We taught about the Book of Mormon and how it really helps us build a relationship with our Father in Heaven. I learned so much from my studies and from the spirit. The sole purpose of the Book of Mormon and the Bible are to help us build that relationship. We can come closer to Jesus Christ by studying the Book of Mormon. As we read and understand what it is asking us to do, we beginning to develop Christlike attributes and as we DO those things we are aligning our will with the will of our Heavenly Father. Which, when we are aligning our wills, we are essentially repenting which is accessing the Atonement which was given to us by Jesus Christ because He was doing the will of Heavenly Father who loves all of us! So many things come together as we learn and understand the Book of Mormon! I have learned so much! It is incredible. I absolutely love the time that I get to study every single morning!
 
   I hope you are all continuing to read and study daily! I can promise miracles will happen as we put our will in line with what our Heavenly Father wants us to be doing! He will hasten His work through us if we let Him!
 
  I love you all! Have an incredible week!

Love, 
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment