On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Day - First Letter Home!

Well, here I am at the MTC all set for the night at the end of a crazy first day. 

It has been a wonderful experience so far.  The flights all went well.  WI got to Atlanta, I met four elders that were on their way home from Brazil.  They were really cool and we had an awesome conversation.  Once I got to Salt Lake, Austin and Madison found me pretty quickly and we got my bag and they crammed me into the back of their truck.  (which has tons of seat belts that don't work)  They took me to Panda, which was delicious, and then on to the MTC (a couple of hours late). 

I snuck in with my first ever, temporary companion, Elder Reed.  He is from Arizona and will be serving in Texas.  We were companions through the MTC presidency welcome and then dinner.   After dinner, we went our ways, thus ending my very first companionship.  I went to my residence, where I met my real companion.  He is a good guy but he is a little bit strange.  He should be all right for 12 days. 

We went to a teaching exercise where a big group of us elders and sisters all taught an investigator at once.  We did this three times and it was really cool how everyone fell in love with the investigators each time.  After the teaching experience I got to meet my district and my zone.  There are four of us elders going to San Jose and the other four elders in our district are going to a different English speaking California mission.  There are about 16 elders and sisters in our zone.  It is a really great group of people. 

And that pretty much sums up the rest of Day 1.  I have lights out in 30 min. and I am ready for bed.  I love you guys and I will try to write letters about once a month but don't hold me to that.

Love,
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment