On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, January 13, 2014

I am happy to say that I am still feeling very good.


Crazy week!

   For the first half of the week all of our appointments got cancelled because of the flu. 13 people have died in Fremont because of H1N1 or something like that. I don't know for sure. I heard word of mouth not straight from the news. Pretty crazy, So then on Friday my companion wasn't feeling so good and when we woke up Saturday he was feeling worse and halfway through a service project we had in the morning he started to throw up. He said he felt a lot better after that but once we got back to our apartment to change he fell asleep and didn't wake up till dinner time so we went to dinner and then he didn't eat any dinner and after dinner he went back to sleep. So not much got done on Saturday but I am happy to say that I am still feeling very good (knock on wood). The service project was removing a yucca tree from a less active members back yard. Its pretty cool. A fairly large amount of stuff came off the tree. We do a lot of cool service projects. Earlier in the week we moved a shed from one side of a yard to the other. Fun hard work. Removes a lot of the stress of missionary work.
 
    Had some pretty cool experiences this week. We got a referral from the sister missionaries and then later the same day we were contacting and met this pretty cool guy. We got to know him and asked him if he would want to meet up later and he said that would be cool, so he gave us his number and we parted ways. Later that night we were looking at the referral and it was the same guy that we contacted on the street! Crazy! Small world!
 
So today for a cool activity we went to a redwood forest (not THE redwood forest) in Santa Cruz and it was really cool. I was talking with one of the other missionaries in our district and his name is Elder LeBeau. We were just talking and somehow Oregon got brought up and he asked me where I was from in Oregon so I told him and he asked if that was anywhere close to Banks... I was like, YES!, How in the world do you know about Banks, Oregon!? And it turns out that his Aunt is Brad Makhams wife! He and Brad were pretty good friends when Brad would visit her family in Arizona! It was super crazy so we spent a while talking about Oregon and the Markham family. He said his is going to write to Brad because I guess Brad and him exchange emails sometimes. Super cool. Small world once again. 
 
   So this is the last week of the transfer and we are pretty sure that Elder Green-Bey is leaving and I am taking over the area! I don't know how ready I am for that but I am sure that it will all work out. If anything, the challenge will be good. I love reading about the crazy things that happen with you guys. It sounds like home is just as crazy without all of the older boys there. I did get your package today, thank you very much. I actually haven't had time to open it yet though.
 
   We have been having really nice weather this past week, short sleeves during the day, throw a sweater or a long sleeve on at night and its perfect. I have a less active member making me a sweet tail light for my bike, I'll have to show it when its done. Its going to be super awesome. Thats all that I can think of right now.
I love you all, Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you guys. I would love to hear from some of my amigos!
 
Stay safe! Love, 
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment