On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Don't count the days! Make the days count!

Don't count the days! Make the days count!

    What a great week! Time is running short! Where has it all gone? I feel like it was just the other day that we started this transfer and got put into the trio and now we are nearing the end of the transfer! I have no idea what is going to happen! I want to stay here until the end of my mission but when you are in a trio everything is super unpredictable! I am nervous that President is going to pull me out and put me somewhere else because this coming transfer we are losing English elders and there are going to be a lot of needs around the mission so English trios are not likely to stay! AAAHHH! I just want to finish up here!​

 
   We saw a lot of incredible things happen here this past week! As I said last week we set a goal to visit everyone in the ward! Well lets just say that was a very large goal and we fell short a little... We got to about 25 out of 300... So we are extending our goal to the end of this week as well, and probably next week and the week after that, and maybe even a couple more after that :) Good thing is that we are staying extremely motivated and whenever we don't know what to do, we know what to do! We have had a lot of really good visits with the members and we always feel productive sitting down with them and talking with them. Even if it is really quick! ​I was talking to our ward mission leader yesterday and he phrased what we are doing in a very unique way, I loved it so I am going to share it! He said "If you have a stampede of cats you don't have to worry, it's a stampede of cattle that has power. They all run together and in the same direction. That's what makes them dangerous! We need to stop herding cats and get our Ward membership to run together at the same time in the same direction!" -Rich Thawley 

    That is exactly what our goal is with our ward. To unite everyone and get them all going! We realize that it is a very time sensitive. We have to get a lot of members going at the same time because if there is too much of a gap between getting members fired up there is never a build up of momentum! We are using the idea of spiritual entrepreneurship to help motivate everyone. Basically we are running our ward mission as if it is a small business and we are trying to make it into an empire! That takes individual participation from everyone! Then as a group, as a team, we will accomplish incredible things!

   We also had a miracle this week! We got a call Tuesday night from a member that was feeding us on Thursday and she said that she had invited a couple to join us for dinner and the wife was not a member but she wanted to talk with us about her baptism! We have never met with her before but as we talked on Thursday we set a baptism date for May 30th! She was ready! She has bee in our ward for about a month and hearing all the testimonies about Max's baptism helped her realize that she needed to join the church. He husband has been a faithful member for a long time and she has been faithfully attending with him for a long time! She is prepared and an awesome lady. I am honored to be able to have met her. One of the miracles from our visits to the members of the ward. We have been inviting all the members as we visit them to pray for us so that as we are out doing the work we can find those that are prepared and ready to be baptized. Miracles work! Mormon 9:19-21
  The work here is amazing! I love my companions and I love this ward! The church is true! Don't doubt it! I have seen the blessings of the gospel in so many lives! I have also seen the change it has wrought in my own life. I am so glad I chose to serve. I will forever be a better person because of the lessons I have learned on my mission. ONWARD FOREVER! BACKWARD NEVER!


 
   Pictures... Myself and one of my roommates! Elder Crawford! The other picture is the most amazing dessert I have had on my mission. That right there is an apple pie rose... How cool is that! It was very gourmet and also very delicious! So cool!
I love you all a ton! Have a super good super fun week! Happy day!
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment