On October 16th, Benjamin Maxwell, left his home and family for two years to serve a mission in San Jose, California.

As a missionary: He will teach of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will have doors slammed in his face and be yelled at. He will meet people from all walks of life. He will stretch himself. He will learn about himself. He will learn of his Heavenly Father's love for him and for all His children. He will learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He will serve the people of San Jose. And he will LOVE more than he though possible.

Monday, April 6, 2015

I do have so much to write about!

 This week went by extremely fast! I feel like it was just the other day that I was sitting here emailing home. It almost feels like I don't even have anything to write about. Oh, but I do have so much to write about! So let's begin with general conference. How great was that! Man, I love hearing the prophet and apostles teach us! There is something about hearing them live that just trumps reading from them in the ensign. I love it! My favorite session had to be the priesthood session this time around. If you didn't get a chance to see it I would be sure to set aside a couple of hours to sit down and watch it. AMAZING! The message that really hit home for me was the constant counsel to be talking with God. I need to do better with my prayers! There is so much room for improvement. So the process has already started of me trying to do better in my personal prayers.

   Our investigator is doing really really well. We met with him twice this week and he is still very excited for his baptism date coming up on May first. He even reached out to some of his member friends and asked them to make desserts to bring to his baptism. Haha! I love it! He is the best. Such a cool guy! We were really excited that he would get a chance to see the prophet this weekend so we peeped him for conference a lot. He was only going to be able to watch on Saturday so we made sure he had a member home to be at all day and we went with him and the members to the priesthood session. So the entire day we are talking about how cool it is to hear the prophet speak and how excited we were to hear him! Max started to share our excitement and he saw him a couple of times on the screen during the first two sessions but he never spoke. I was sitting there thinking what in the world is going on why is the prophet not speaking?! We get half way throught the priesthood session and Elder Uchtdorf gets up and is announcing the rest of the program and he said something along the lines of "after this musical number I will speak and after my remarks we will be pleased to hear from our beloved..." At this point I am turning to Max saying, Yes! Here it is, the prophet! He is getting super excited and I am super excited and then Elder Uchtdorf says, "Elder Eyring" I don't want to say that I was disappointed but I turn to him and he turns to me and I'm just like, I don't know if he is going to speak. After both of them speak the prophet does speak and I am super excited and Max is super excited and he absolutely loves everything that he says. After conference is over he said that he loved the prophet the most because he just sounds like a prophet. Ah, it was amazing and he is super excited to get married now and get the priesthood and he wants to go to BYU Idaho.


   We also had a chance to go to the temple this past week. Every time I go to the temple I think about how amazing it is being able to have served in the temple before my mission. What a blessing that has been. I understand so much more about what God expects of me and wants me to be doing. I love the temple. I love the spirit that I feel there. I love the Oakland temple because it is so beautiful and it has an amazing view! And the palm trees are super cool. I am going to miss having palm trees as the normal. Its going to be so weird not seeing them around all the time!

    Anyways, I hope you all have a great week! Happy Easter to you all and I hope you take conference in the fullest! Use it up!

Love, 
    Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment